The unique Dominator Flex-A-Door is the perfect alternative when you are looking to replace your existing Tilt Door, or in situations where you have restricted headroom in your garage or carport.
The Flex A-Door features the famous Dominator Roll-A-Door® curtain, fitted on a curving track, so the curtain lifts from a vertical position up into a horizontal position, close to the ceiling – providing a clean, neat appearance on both the outside and inside.
The horizontal lines of the ribbed door curtain match our existing roller door and will compliment most home styles.
Designed to be operated with an automatic garage door opener, we recommend our Dominator range of openers with either the Chain or Belt-drive configuration for the ultimate door and opener package.
Lifting vertically, you will be able to park directly in front of your garage unlike tilt doors which swing outwards first.
No more dangerous springs at the side. The Flex-A-Door encloses its springs within the horizontal tracks well away from little fingers.
Purpose designed Retractable head infill panel moves with the door to leave the opening free when the door is open but removes any large gap at the top when the door is closed. This, along with the door overlapping the opening reduces drafts and stops rain from entering your garage.
Smooth and Quiet
Dominator Flex-A-Door garage doors will provide you with quiet, smooth, greaseless operation. Features include:
- Nylofelt® running strips and nylon rollers with bearings ensuring your door slides up and down with minimal effort.
- Plastic insert in the horizontal track providing smooth quiet operation.
The Dominator Flex-A-Door includes additional features that help prevent unwanted intrusions into the garage, such as:
- Waist height lock for ease of use and added security.
- Double bar centre lift lock, with internal turn knob for easier operation.
- New 6 wafter lock barrel design, featuring a much sturdier locking mechanism that is highly pick resistant.
- The locking system is difficult to tamper with, as Flex-A-Door fits behind the opening, so security is improved.
- Can be manually operated.
Safety For Your Family
Safety should be a key consideration when selecting your garage door, as door failures can cause serious injury. The following safety features have been built in to your Flex-A-Door:
- Extension springs enclosed and above head height – well out of the reach of children.
- No moving brackets or door supports which could act as finger or arm entrapments.
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to be easy to open and close, with features such as:
- Limited headroom required above the walk-in height requirement, with a Roll-A-Door curtain, moving like a sectional door.
- Nylofelt® running strips for effortless sliding action.
- Door can be left open at any height, giving the added convenience of allowing the door to be partially opened for ventilation, while providing privacy when working in the garage.
Your Flex-A-Door will continue to operate like new, with features such as:
- Springs designed to exceed the Australian Standard for garage doors – 20,000 cycles.
- The Roll-A-Door steel curtain providing a more rigid, stronger door.
The garage today is used to store many different valuable objects, and in some cases is converted into another room, so weather protection is an important feature of any garage door. Flex-A-Door features:
- Quality Pre-painted, Zinc-based steel to stand up to the harsh New Zealand climate.
- A weatherseal with deep cushioning helping restrict entry of water and leaves. On slightly uneven floors it reduces the gap for a better fit.
- A curtain that fits behind the opening and runs on a track, so Flex-A-Door won’t blow shut in the wind like a tilt door can, and Flex-A-Door also restricts the wind from blowing through the entry way as can happen with tilt doors, which fit within the opening and therefore have a gap on each side.
Recommended Clearance Requirements:
- Manual Headroom – 40mm
- Headroom with opener – 70mm Minimum
- Sideroom – 100mm Minimum
- Drivethrough Height – Opening Height Less 40mm
Download the Dominator Framing Specification Sheet